Yang Style 24 (Short Form) Curriculum
There are two Yang Style Tai Chi classes offered at the Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and Tai Chi Academy.
One is referred to as the Yang Style 24 (Short Form) Class and the other as the Yang Style 108 (Long Form) Class.
The Yang Style Short Form Class focuses on the Yang Style 24 Open Hand Form and the Yang Style 32 Straight Sword Form.
In the Yang Style Short Form Class will learn drills, exercises, qigong, push hands,
and the competition Yang Style forms.
The Yang Style Long Form Class focuses on the Traditional Yang Style 108 Open Hand Form.
In the Yang Style Long Form Class you will learn body opening, drills, exercises, qigong,
meditation, and the traditional Yang Style forms.
Tai Chi Drills & Qigong Exercises
1. Standing Qigong
2. Moving Qigong
3. Eight Brocades Qigong
4. Stances (fixed postures)
5. Linking Step (moving postures)
6. Moving drills
- part the wild horse's mane
- brush knee twist step
- chinese guitar
- white crane spreads its wings
- repulse monkey
- push through the mountain / fan the back
- snake creeps down
- fair lady works the shuttles
- cloud hands
- single whip
- needle to sea bottom
- block down, parry, and punch
- fist under elbow
7. Grasping the Bird's Tail sequence
Tai Chi Forms
1. Yang Style 24 Short Form
2. Yang Style 32 Straight Sword Form
3. Tai Chi 48 Step Form
4. Tai Chi Broadsword (Combined)
5. Tai Chi 18 Step Fan Form
6. Tai Chi 32 Step Fan Form
7. Tai Chi 52 Step Fan Form
1. Push Hands (fixed position drills)
2. Push Hands (Da Lu - moving drills)
3. Push Hands